Training & Testing
Part of being a well-informed HVAC technician includes staying up-to-date with new technology, standards, and products in the ever-changing heating and cooling industry. This is why we offer contractor training classes throughout the year that help technicians stay current on their HVAC knowledge.
Types of HVAC Classes
We essentially offer two types of classes: classes on topics our contractors ask us about or request and classes for certification. Contractor-requested classes cover various topics ranging from product and sales training, customer service tips, and other subjects that are designed to improve the quality of service homeowners receive.
Certification courses include sessions led by manufacturer representatives that train technicians on product knowledge, equipment installation, and troubleshooting techniques. We also offer test preparation classes that help technicians master the skills and concepts necessary to certify and re-certify for the NATE and EPA exams.
All courses are presented by industry experts who have years of experience. Although classes differ year by year, recent course offerings include:
- Proper Charging Techniques: How to Make System Charging More Efficient and Accurate
- Condensers: Installation Walkthrough and Troubleshooting Tips
- Brazing Aluminum Demonstration and Hands-On Practice
- Flexible Gas Pipe Sizing and Installation
- How to Quickly Identify Heat Exchanger Defects
- Proper Installation of 90% Furnaces
- Topics in Mini-Splits: Equipment Overview, Installation, Error Codes, Piping, Inverter Technology, etc.
- Residential Zoning: How to Install and Layout a High-Efficiency Zoning System
- Indoor Air Quality: Products and Health Benefits
- Service, Sales, & Leader Training
- The Key to Customer Loyalty
- The Pillars of Success
- A Million Dollar Technician
- Samsung DVM Training
- Maytag iQ Drive Certification and Training
- Friedrich Mini-Split Training
Types of HVAC Testing
To make it convenient for technicians to maintain EPA and NATE certification, we have exam study guides in stock at our branches and online. We are also a certified testing location, and we regularly proctor the following examinations.
Exams Offered at AC Pro
- EPA Section 608 Technician Certification
- NATE Core and Specialty Certifications
Sign Up for Training and Testing
Find out which classes and exams are offered each month when you view our events calendar. Sign up online, or contact your local AC Pro branch or territory manager for more information. We’ll see you in class!